6.4.20

the quarantine diaries #5



Must admit I abandoned Fridays post. I was a bit hungover and it was 'officially' my last day of uni for this term. What a strange one at that. Today's been not the slightest bit interesting. I've been working on an essay all day about Grace Coddington which although interesting, is starting to wear me down a little bit. I'm feeling motivated to complete my work though for once so I can focus on other things, lets see how long that lasts.
The coolest thing happened yesterday on my daily walk. I had set out after finishing my book, 'Fashionopolis,' (a great book on the future of the fashion industry for anyone interested) I had told my mum at the start of our walk that I was desperate to read 'The Flatshare,' I was going to order it once I got home. Right near my house, by a railway crossing there is an old telephone box. Members of the local community set up a kind of swap-shop/ library in it but I've never looked before. For some reason I decided to look and the first thing I saw in my eyeline was the book, The Flatshare. It literally felt like a sign from the universe. Perhaps a sign from the universe not to buy from Amazon? Sorry not sorry Jeff Bezo's.

5 comments

  1. I've been unmotivated too. This past weekend I did nothing.

    Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me! We'll push through this! x

      Delete
  2. I hate how much I'm ordering from Amazon at the moment - anti-capitlaist but desperate for the speedy delivery service of Amazon in these trying times. so cool that your community has a book swap set up!! my area is so lame we have nothing of the sort

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha I know me too! I keep looking and then my conscious is saying no, but I'm saying yes. The book swap is really cool, I can't believe I never went before, gonna be down there all the time now! Hope you're safe and well x

      Delete
  3. The book thing is actually such a cool story, it kinda reminds me of 'the secret' - it's a theory that what you ask the universe will give but wow! Hope you're keeping safe x

    https://sputniksweetheartn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you x