19.3.20 home

coronavirus

a photo from my friends place in melbourne, irrelevant but I liked it 
I don't want to discuss the politics or the logistics of this pandemic. God forbid I refresh the BBC news app one more time or I might just lose it completely. But it is the beginning of something. Days of being at home. It's funny how the lack of choice we hold in the decision to 'stay home' changes my outlook- past me would have adored this chance to retreat from society; but present me is a little more skeptical and anxious of being alone with my own thoughts.
I suppose it makes me value the freedom I have more, it makes me appreciate the time spent with friends, being in the company of so many. I'm grateful that I am happy to spend time alone.

I'm going to use this time to be creative, to slow down and learn how to just be. I think I'm guilty of imposing a sort of pressure on myself to do something productive and meaningful with this time; in fear that it will be wasted. Nevertheless, I think this could be what our society needs right now and it makes me sad that it takes something as monumental as a pandemic, to make people slow down and realise what is important in life. We'll have to relearn how to navigate the system, and maybe that's not such a bad thing at all? Because we're all rolling with the punches together.



8 comments

  1. This is making me realize how much I took life for granted and I just want it to go back to normal.

    Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  2. eek eek!! if I think about it for too long or go on facebook too many times i just freak out. It's funny you find this empty free time hard because its a ncessity, somehow I think i find it easier! I have to slow down and relax, its giving me permission. It might be scary, but it does mean we can write and read and create more, which is a blessing in many ways. I hope ur looking after yourself, I'm always here if you want to vent <3 keep the blogposts coming xo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to find a silver lining to this situation. It is so sad but this time at home was much needed in today's hectic world. Take Care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, I feel you. Take care during these weird times. Hugs <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really feel this Lexie and I hope you're keeping safe and sane at home! I love my own time, but also put a pressure to always be doing something with it. Sometimes it is perfectly okay to just be which is what I'm trying harder to do during this time, especially as I don't have any uni work to be doing.

    sending my love <3

    eleanor xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so comforting remembering we're all in this together. Cant wait to see what creative things you get up to xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post. I think you got right to the heart of what you and many are feeling. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear you are using this time to be more creative and appreciate the down time. Take care and stay safe!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you x