30.3.20

the quarantine diaries #1


I've been keeping a journal of my isolation days but not sharing it on here and I'm half inspired by reading Frida-Reg('s?) online journal to share with you a daily account of my days; because some of you might be that bored: plus I am that bored.
Today I've spent most of the day scrolling depop and furiously googling lemon yellow towelling tracksuit bottoms. Sometimes I get these ideas in my head of outfits and this morning I had a vision of my future self. It's few months from now, strolling the streets of some nameless city wearing platform sandals and lemon yellow trousers that sit perfectly at the hip- not too high not too low. Of course in my vision my waist is snatched and my abs are perfectly toned from all the Joe Wicks P.E sessions that I've been virtually attending from the decking in the garden.
Nevertheless I couldn't find the pair of trousers; which left me feeling kind of deflated.
The other day I found a bookmark that my late grand-dad made for me and it reads:
"The sun does not shine on both sides of the hedge at once." 
In adjusting to this new period and new 'forced' environment, I find myself restless in chasing the past or dreaming about the future. I think blissfully of days in the sun, coffee with friends and those summer pub evenings which I had envisioned and of which were getting me through my winter blues. Yet here we are, with nothing to look forward to but the day that this ends? And it is so uncertain. We have to learn how to ride this new wave of uncertainty. The thing is, life can feel so certain sometimes and that's a pretty scary feeling too.
So maybe it's a good thing I couldn't find the trousers, because you've got to enjoy the sun in your own back garden first. 

12 comments

  1. Journaling is a great way to keep sane during these times. Thanks for sharing. Xo, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling similar, though I've found a few things to keep me busy x

    http://www.ellacharlottejones.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, I'm glad you're good and keeping busy! xo

      Delete
  3. Loving the idea of a diary during this tough time. I've been journaling privately to myself and I find it so therapeutic! Hope you're staying safe and well girl!

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/compression-socks/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so therapeutic! I think its important to document these things too for future! Thank you, stay safe too Mel! x x

      Delete
  4. This is so beautiful Lexie, and I can totally relate. Just gotta ride this wave of uncertainty - we will get thru this!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe hope you're well and safe!! We will get through it! Sending love x x

      Delete
  5. I am very excited for these blog posts and will be there to read every one of them! I hope you find the trousers, a bit of lemony brightness that will brighten up your day (although thank goodness the weather is getting warmer). xx

    eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Eleanor! Lets see if I keep it up lol! Oh it would, wouldn't it?! These sunny days are certainly making it easier x x

      Delete

thank you x