26.4.20

quarantine diaries #idk


beautiful bondi


I kinda flopped with the diaries, I mean I last posted last week but the regularity has slowed. I guess the past two weeks were a bit intense and weird.  I read Katies post on (un)misspent youth and resonated with it a lot. The feeling of missing out on freedoms before entering 'real' adulthood.
This week involved me stressing over work and how much I should be doing, calculating what's expected of me?

I've found a bit of a love for running. Getting up first thing or breaking mid-afternoon and moving suddenly feels less like a chore and more of a necessary. I'm much more appreciative of my body and its capabilities. Likewise when I don't run, I've been wandering through town and observing the empty streets. It's apocalyptic but I kinda like the quietness? There's something in the stillness.

I guess the shock of what's happening is subsiding (as much as it can) and the reality is sinking in; I seem to have found a coping mechanism in watching reality TV (let me tell you that world is new to me, and I don't wanna sound like a snob.) I binged Too Hot To Handle in a few days and I felt strangely empty afterwards. Besides that I've been loving Bondi Rescue, I can't believe I didn't watch it before I went to Bondi, the pressure and work involved has given me a new sense of respect for these lifeguards. It often makes me feel I should reconsider the creative pathway I'm headed towards; doing something really good.

So I guess this week was a bit of a foggy one, I need to align myself with my priorities and withdraw myself from Instagram a bit. I deleted both Twitter and Facebook off my phone a while ago so I seem to be channeling this new time onto instagram. And Depop? Regardless, socials seem to rule my lyfeee. Any tips?

Happy sunday and happy quarantine x 

4 comments

  1. I felt similar things last week. It's crazy how much I can get into my head. I am so happy to have a community of people who are sharing their experiences. Makes me feel less ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of those reality tv shows. Only reality tv I've watched is Bake Off and Dance Moms.

    Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  3. god, I also binged too hot to handle in a day and both loved and loathed it in equal amounts. I totally feel u about not knowing how much work to do, because I have so much time in the day i could always do more, but rarely want to ! And I get a strange dichotomy of 'self-care you're in a pandemic' and 'life goes on' which just makes me sit in my room for hours doing nothing! strange times, eh! Your pics of Bondi are beautiful, if only we could be there instead !!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually been watching so much reality tv shows too, I recently watched one called love is blind which was so honestly so entertaining. I'm so glad that you shared your lil story about how much you've begun to love running because I've felt the same with mid-afternoon workouts!
    https://sputniksweetheartn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you x